Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Have a Leprechaun on the Bottom of My Shoe...


Wow, two posts in one day... but I had to share...

The title refers to a Robot Chicken skit where a man has an extraordinarily lucky day, then finds out he had stepped on a leprechaun and it stuck to his shoe. My sister said this to me after I told her about my lucky find today: A Tilt-A-Whirl!

For as long as I can remember, the Tilt-A-Whirl has been my favorite carnival ride. In fact, it has become sort of an obsession for me as they seem to have dropped off of the carnival mainstream. Every time I see a carnival, I look for this ride. It has been a long time since I've ridden one.
As I was out and about in Racine today, I spotted the carnival in the mall parking lot. I drove around the outside looking for my favorite ride. It was here! And not just any Tilt-A-Whirl, but the original kind I rode as a kid! 

The very nice lady at the ticket booth told me that this was the last day, since they had been there all week. I promptly bought tickets and made a beeline for the ride.  I had the operator take my picture in the cars, but I accidentally erased it! GRRR!  Oh, well.

It was still as much fun as I remembered.


No comments:

Post a Comment